5 Day Sea Kayak | Snorkel | Bushwalk | Base Camp Tour
This tour is the ultimate way to experience the best of what Ningaloo Reef and Cape Range National Park have to offer. Spend 5 days sea kayaking along the coast in the sheltered, turquoise lagoons of Ningaloo Reef, visiting numerous snorkel sites along the way. Travel in a one-way direction with the prevailing breeze, and return each night to our comfortable base camp. Take some short bushwalks to explore the stunning gorges of Cape Range National Park, and visit the Milyering Visitor Centre.
CHILD 8-17: $1790
- Explore a different section of pristine Ningaloo coastline every day in your very own sea kayak. Vehicle support means we paddle a different section of stunning coastline daily, never covering the same ground twice. Spot turtles, rays and schools of fish from your kayak
- Snorkel different, pristine sites each day. As well as the traditional sites such as Turquoise Bay, Oyster Stacks and Lakeside, we also take the opportunity to snorkel from the kayaks where possible. You will be amazed at the diversity and abundance of marine life at Ningaloo!
- Return each afternoon to our comfortable base camp, located within Cape Range National Park. Base camp is equipped with picnic tables and shade shelter, fridge, solar showers and comfortable tents that you can stand up in
- Join us for some guided bush walks and marvel at the ancient landscape and stunning views of Mandu Mandu Gorge and Yardie Creek Gorge
SEA KAYAKING AND SNORKELLING
The sea kayaking takes place inside the fringing reef, where the lagoon is rarely more than 3m deep - perfect for spotting wildlife and snorkelling. After your guide gives you the all-important paddling instruction and safety talk, we launch the kayaks and travel along the coast at a relaxed pace, stopping on secluded beaches for morning tea and lunch as we go. We plan to travel with the prevailing breeze, and usually cover between 5 and 12 kms per day. A different section of coastline is covered each day, offering new sights, more pristine beaches, and unique snorkelling experiences.
Each day provides fantastic snorkelling opportunities. At some sites we land the kayaks on the beach and swim a short distance from shore, at other sites we anchor or moor the kayaks and slip over the side. We have discovered some excellent ‘un-named’ snorkel spots that are accessible only by kayak.
Each afternoon we lock up the kayaks on the beach and return by vehicle to our base camp, which means you only have to carry what you need for the day in the kayak with you. At our comfortable base camp, (in between stories of the day!) you can take a solar shower, read a few pages of a good book, grab some snacks and a drink and settle in for a west coast sunset, or just relax and reflect on the beauty of your surroundings.
5 DAY ULTIMATE SAFARI BASE CAMP
These 5 day tours are perfect for the person wanting to have an active holiday whilst still escaping to a relaxing place. Each night we camp out in spacious, stand-up tents or in a swag under the stars, yet have the luxury of our vehicle and camper trailer at base camp, so camping and cooking is easy. At base camp we have picnic tables and camp chairs, gas cookers, fridges, shade and wind shelter, toilet and solar showers: all the gear we need for comfortable camping (we even provide pillows!). At the end of each day we drive back to our base camp, enjoy a fresh water wash, and over a few drinks and nibbles, enjoy the sunset. Base Camp is also close to some great bushwalking locations. We usually do the Yardie Creek walk and Mandu Mandu Gorge walk, as well as taking a visit to the National Park Visitor Centre at Milyering. This tour is the complete package for those wishing to explore Ningaloo Reef and Cape Range National Park!
- Double sit-inside sea kayaks with rudder for comfortable cruising, paddles
- PFDs (life jackets)
- Long sleeve sun shirts, broad-brim hats
- Snorkelling gear: snorkel, mask and fins, wetsuit in season
- Dry bags
- Comfortable camping gear: tents, swags, pillows, sleeping bags and liners, camp chairs, camper trailer with fridge, wind and shade shelter, picnic tables, toilet and solar showers
- Healthy and delicious food, drinks (alcohol not included, byo welcome)
- Transport to and from Cape Range National Park in our air-conditioned bus
- National Park entry and camping fees
- Qualified and experienced guides
- Complimentary tour photos taken by your guide
- Drinking water bottle (capacity for at least 1 L)
- Sunglasses (polarised are great for seeing under the water)
- Sunscreen, zinc or SPF lip balm
- Camera (spare batteries, charger)
- Towel or sarong
- Gloves (optional: fingerless cycling or paddling gloves are great for sun protection)
- Footwear that may get wet (crocs, sandals etc)
- Bushwalking clothes: enclosed footwear (sneakers, hiking shoes/boots), shorts or lightweight trousers, t-shirt or lightweight long-sleeve shirt, daypack for carrying water and camera
- Head torch (spare batteries)
- Drinks for sunset happy hour
- Overnight bag with camp clothes, toiletries etc. Please pack warm clothes for cool nights.
- You can bring fishing gear too, however this is not a focus of our tours (please use lures rather than bait). Our camp is located within a Sanctuary Zone, where no fishing is allowed.
I'd like to bring the whole family. Is this tour suitable for kids?
Minimum age for our multi-day tours is 12 years old. We have had younger children join our 5 day tour in the past, it really depends on the activity level of the child, and also the parent - as the parent, you will be doing the majority of the work in the double kayak if you are paddling with a child under 12. Please contact us if you wish to discuss.
I'm not a strong swimmer, and have never snorkelled before. Am I able to join this tour?
All levels of swimming ability are welcome. All of our guests wear PFDs (lifejackets) whilst kayaking and are welcome to wear them whilst snorkelling if needed. Our guides will run through the basics of snorkelling and are great teachers!
How many people will be on this tour?
We need a minimum of 4 people to confirm tour departure, and take a maximum of 16 guests, however groups are generally smaller than this.
How far will we kayak each day? Do I need to be an experienced sea kayaker?
We usually paddle anywhere between 5 and 11 kms over the day, depending on how the group is travelling and prevailing weather conditions. The daily itinerary is designed so that we travel with the prevailing breeze. We aim to provide the opportunity for 2 snorkels at different locations throughout the day. This, along with stops on the beach for morning tea and lunch, means that the paddling is broken up into manageable sections, with usually no more than 1 hour spent in the kayak at any one time. No previous sea kayaking experience is necessary. Our guides will give you the skills you need to safely paddle your sea kayak, as well as handy hints and tips along the way.
What style of camping will I experience?
This tour is ‘base camp’ style, meaning we return to the same comfortable camp site every afternoon via vehicle. The camp is equipped with a toilet, solar showers, fridge, sheltered communal area, and lockable storage rooms. You will have the option of sleeping in a comfortable 'stand up' tent, or sleeping in the 'million star hotel' in a swag (an unforgettable experience!). Tents are spacious and twin-share. If you would like your own private tent, a $100 single supplement applies.
I'm vegetarian/gluten free/have allergies. Can you cater for this?
Yes, as long as we have ample notice, it is no problem catering for specific dietary requirements, intolerances and allergies.
How can people contact me while I'm on the tour?
There is limited mobile phone reception in the tour area, we carry a satellite phone for emergencies. This is usually reserved for outgoing calls only (to preserve battery life). If you need to be contacted urgently, our office can be contacted on 0477 685 123, and if necessary, someone will drive out to deliver a message.
Can I recharge my devices whilst at base camp?
Very limited facilities are available at base camp for charging of devices. Our camp is 'off-grid'; all of our power for running our fridge etc comes from a dual battery set up, topped up by solar power. We ask that you please arrive with your devices fully charged, and switch phones to 'flight mode' once at camp (as there is no phone reception here) to save battery. Please bring spare batteries if you have them, and USB charging cables.
Qantas services the Perth to Exmouth (Learmonth airport) route. Learmonth airport is located 35kms south of Exmouth town. Shuttle bus services are available from the airport to your accommodation with Exmouth Bus Charter or Cabs On Call. Pre-booking is essential.
WANT MORE INFO?
READY TO BOOK?