Escape, Relax and Unwind.....
This all-inclusive package provides the complete Ningaloo Reef experience. Combine our 5 day Ultimate Safari tour, with a day tour swimming with Ningaloo's famous Whale Sharks, 3 nights' accommodation (twin share) and breakfasts at the 4.5 star Mantarays Ningaloo Resort, and 2 dinners at fantastic local restaurants. We've done all the hard work for you, so what are you waiting for?
Tours depart Sundays. Available dates 2018: April 8 - 13, April 29 - May 4, June 17 - 22 (SOLD OUT), July 29 - August 3.
Custom dates may also be available, please contact us to discuss.
- 5-day Ultimate Safari kayak, snorkel, bushwalk and base camp tour - read about it here
- 1-day Whale Shark Discovery tour
- 3 nights accommodation (twin share) and 3 breakfasts at 4.5 star Mantarays Ningaloo Resort
- 2 dinners at fantastic local restaurants
This tour is the ultimate way to experience the best of what Ningaloo Reef and Cape Range National Park have to offer. Begin by checking into your pre-booked accommodation at Mantarays Ningaloo Resort on Saturday afternoon. On Sunday morning after breakfast we’ll pick you up at 7.45am from Mantarays Resort to begin your 5-day Ultimate Safari adventure. Spend the next 5 days sea kayaking along the coast in the sheltered, turquoise lagoons of Ningaloo Reef, visiting numerous snorkel sites along the way. Travel in a one-way direction with the prevailing breeze, and return by vehicle each night to our comfortable base camp. Take some short bushwalks to explore the stunning gorges of Cape Range National Park, and visit the Milyering Visitor Centre.
At the end of the Ultimate Safari tour we’ll drop you back at Mantarays Ningaloo Resort to relax and recharge for the next leg of your adventure. Tonight you have dinner on us (to the value of $70/person) at Mantarays Resort Restaurant.
Our partners at Ocean Eco Adventures will pick you up after breakfast on Friday morning for a day swimming with majestic Whale sharks, a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Return to Mantarays in the afternoon to unwind and relax. On Friday evening enjoy a delicious set-menu dinner at Whalers Restaurant. Tour ends upon check out from Mantarays Ningaloo Resort after breakfast on Saturday morning.
Sea Kayaking and Snorkelling
The sea kayaking takes place inside the fringing reef, where the lagoon is rarely more than 3m deep - perfect for spotting wildlife and snorkelling. After your guide gives you the all-important paddling instruction and a safety talk, we launch the kayaks and travel along the coast at a relaxed pace, stopping on secluded beaches for morning tea and lunch as we go.
Be amazed by turtles darting around your kayak, look for the silhouettes of rays as they rest or forage in the sand. We usually paddle the coastline from Yardie Creek and head north with the prevailing winds, finishing at Ned’s Camp or Mangrove Bay.
Each day provides fantastic snorkelling opportunities. At some sites we land the kayaks on the beach and swim a short distance from shore, at other sites we anchor or moor the kayaks and slip over the side. We have discovered some excellent ‘un-named’ snorkel spots that are accessible only by kayak.
Each afternoon we lock up the kayaks on the beach and return by vehicle to our base camp, where (in between stories of the day!) you can take a solar shower, read a few pages of a good book, grab some snacks and a drink and settle in for a west coast sunset, or just relax and reflect on the beauty of your surroundings.
5-Day Ultimate Safari Base Camp
These 5 day tours are perfect for the person wanting to have an active holiday whilst still escaping to a relaxing place. Each night we camp out in spacious, comfortable stand-up tents, or in a swag under the stars, yet have the luxury of our vehicle and camper trailer at base camp, so camping and cooking is easy. At base camp we have picnic tables and camp chairs, gas cookers, fridges, shade and wind shelter, toilet and solar showers: all the gear you need for comfortable camping (we even provide pillows!). At the end of each day of adventure we drive back to our base camp, enjoy a fresh water wash, and over a few drinks and nibbles, enjoy the sunset.
Our Base Camp is also close to some great bushwalking locations. We usually do the Yardie Creek walk and Mandu Mandu Gorge walk, as well as visiting the National Park Visitor Centre at Milyering. This tour is the complete package for those wishing to explore Ningaloo Reef and Cape Range National Park!
- Double sit-inside sea kayaks with rudder for comfortable cruising, paddles
- PFDs (life jackets)
- Long sleeve sun shirts, broad-brim hats,
- Snorkelling gear: snorkel, mask and fins, wetsuit in season
- Dry bags
- Comfortable camping gear: spacious, stand up tents, swags, pillows, sleeping bags and liners, camp chairs, camper trailer with fridge, wind and shade shelter, picnic tables, toilet and solar showers
- Healthy and delicious food, drinks (alcohol not included, BYO welcome)
- Transport to and from Cape Range National Park in our air-conditioned bus
- National Park entry and camping fees
- Qualified and experienced guides
- Complimentary tour photos
- Drinking water bottle (capacity for at least 1L)
- Sunglasses (polarised are great for seeing under the water)
- Sunscreen, zinc or SPF lip balm
- Camera (spare batteries/charger)
- Towel or sarong
- Gloves (optional: fingerless cycling or paddling gloves are great for sun protection)
- Footwear that may get wet (crocs, sandals etc)
- Bushwalking clothes: enclosed footwear (sneakers, hiking shoes/boots), shorts or lightweight trousers, t-shirt or lightweight long-sleeve shirt, daypack for carrying water and camera.
- Head torch (spare batteries)
- Drinks for sunset happy hour
- Overnight bag with camp clothes, toiletries etc. Please choose environmentally friendly, biodegradable products for bathing. Bring warm clothing for cool nights.
- You can bring fishing gear too, however this is not a focus of our tours (please use lures rather than bait). Our camp site is situated within a Sanctuary Zone, where no fishing is allowed.
Whale Shark Discovery Tour
Swimming with a Whale Shark is unforgettable! With years of experience in offering Whale Shark cruises at Ningaloo, our partners at Ocean Eco Adventures know exactly what your expectations are and deliver on all levels.
- Exclusive use of our private Microlight spotter aircraft - allowing swimmers maximum time with the Whale Sharks - (One plane, one boat policy)
- Photos of your day are provided as a complimentary gift (value AUD $50)
- Wetsuits, Fins, Snorkel and Face Masks (prescription mask available) are provided free of charge
- No Sighting Policy - In the unlikely event that you do not swim with a Whale Shark on your day you will receive another cruise free of charge (conditions apply)
- Breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, cold beverages, herbal and black teas, premium coffee and water all provided.
- Complimentary transfer service to and from your accommodation
- A well informed, fun and experienced crew made up of marine biologists, visiting marine researchers, dive masters, commercial skippers and swimming teachers.
Please bring a towel, bathers/swimmers, a change of dry clothing if required, and a jacket/jumper incase it cools down in the afternoon and for sun protection.
If you are prone to seasickness please make sure to stop by the pharmacy and pick up some anti-seasickness medication prior to your trip.
Flights and airport transfers are NOT included in package. Qantas services the Perth – Exmouth (Learmonth airport) route. Learmonth airport is 35kms south of Exmouth town. Shuttle bus service is available from the airport to your accommodation with Exmouth Bus Charter, or Cabs On Call (pre-booking is essential).