Full Day Sea Kayak & Snorkel Tour
Travel with us into Cape Range National Park on this full day sea kayak tour to sea kayak and snorkel the beautiful turquoise lagoons of Ningaloo Reef.
Sea kayaking is a fantastic way to explore the sheltered lagoons and beautiful beaches of Ningaloo; paddle into paradise and leave the crowds behind. Along the way you'll look for turtles, rays, schools of fish, and coral life from your kayak. You may even see dugong and dolphins. Enjoy the contrasting scenery of reef and range that this UNESCO World Heritage-listed area offers - all from the best seat in the house.
ACTIVITIES INCLUDED IN THIS TOUR:
Sea kayaking in double sit-inside sea kayaks | Snorkelling
8am - 4pm (8 hours, including travel time)
TOUR INCLUSIONS AT A GLANCE:
Pick up/drop off from Exmouth accommodation | National park entry fees | Sun protection gear: long sleeve sun shirts, broad brim hats | Snorkelling gear: Quality snorkel and mask, fins, wetsuits in cooler months | Kayaking safety equipment and qualified guide | Morning tea and lunch | Photos
Multiple locations in Cape Range National Park, Ningaloo Reef - dependant on weather conditions
Adult: $240 | Children (8-17): $215 | Family (2 adults + 2 children): $774* | Extra child (on top of family price): $184*
(*Direct bookings only. Please contact us for other family/group pricing)
This tour will run with a minimum of 3 people. Our usual maximum group size is 8 people, however during busy periods we may have groups of up to 16 people. We work on a strict safety ratio of 1 guide to 8 guests for our adventure tours
Our kayaks have a maximum weight limit of 110kg/person. Minimum age is 8 years old, however this tour may be more enjoyable for children 12 years and over. This tour involves a moderate level of physical activity, lifting of equipment, and walking on uneven ground and soft sand. Tour departures are subject to weather conditions and minimum numbers.
TOUR MEETING POINT:
Pick up from Exmouth accommodation starting at 7.45am.
YOUR DAY BEGINS....
With pickup from your Exmouth accommodation starting at 7.45am. You will then take the drive into Cape Range National Park to the kayak launch site for the day (a journey of at least 40 minutes). Our tour location varies according to the forecast weather conditions for the day. During the drive, your guide will point out some sites of interest, and fill you in on the interesting history, culture, flora and fauna of this UNESCO World Heritage listed area.
When you arrive, your guide will ensure that you are kitted out with all the equipment you need for the day, and following a paddling and safety briefing, you'll head out to explore the turquoise lagoons of Ningaloo. We carry morning tea and lunch in the kayaks with us, and our snorkel gear is at the ready to put on and explore the underwater wonderland below.
The exact itinerary of this tour can vary day-to-day. We may do some paddling in the lagoons first up, spotting turtles as they zip under our kayaks (they can swim surprisingly fast!), rays nestled in the sand, schools of fish, beautiful coral formations, or just marvelling at the impossibly turquoise water. After a while, it may be time for a rest on the beach for morning tea, or time for a snorkel from the kayaks (moored or at anchor), or from the beach. We usually spend no more than 1 hour in the kayaks at a time, and with another stop on the beach for lunch, the day is broken up into manageable sections.
In the afternoon you will return to our vehicle after an immersive day exploring the wonders of Ningaloo Reef. After unpacking your kayak and loading it onto the trailer, make the return journey back to Exmouth town. Your guide will farewell you with memories to last a lifetime, and a promise to have photos of your Lagoon Explorer adventure uploaded for you to enjoy as soon as possible.
- Travel in your quality double sit-inside sea kayak, and get up close and personal with the amazing wildlife of Ningaloo. Turtles, rays, and schools of jumping fish are often spotted from the kayaks. You may also see dolphins or dugong (in season)
- Snorkel amongst the amazing coral and colourful fish of Ningaloo Reef, and take the opportunity to snorkel from your kayak – an experience you won’t soon forget! (Don't worry, it's easy. We'll show you how)
- Enjoy the contrasting colours and scenery of Reef and Range - stunning turquoise waters, white sandy beaches and the ancient Cape Range - from the best seat in the house
- Relax on beautiful sandy beaches with a delicious morning tea, and again for lunch, all freshly prepared by your guide
- Enjoy commentary on the history, culture and natural wonders of the local area on the drive into Cape Range National Park and our kayak launching spot for the day
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE TOUR?
Your safety and enjoyment whilst participating in our Lagoon Explorer tour are a top priority for us here at Exmouth Adventure Co. We provide the following good quality, clean equipment for our customers to use on this tour:
- Double sit-inside sea kayaks, with rudder for comfortable cruising
- Lifejackets (PFDs) - compulsory for the sea kayaking component of this tour
- Snorkel, mask and fins, wetsuit in the cooler months (you are welcome to bring your own if you have them)
- Long sleeve sunshirts, broad brim hats
- Dry bags for valuables
- Morning tea and lunch (specific dietary requirements can be catered for, please advise on booking)
- Transport to and from your Exmouth accommodation
- National Park entry fees
- Qualified and experienced local guide
- Complementary photos taken by your guide
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
Please bring the things that you would normally take on a trip to the beach, and come dressed with your bathers under your clothes. We use sea kayaks with waterproof storage hatches on this tour, however we recommend that you place any valuable in a dry bag inside the hatch. You'll need to bring:
- Sunglasses, sunscreen (please consider using 'reef safe' sunscreen)
- Drinking water (we recommend at least 1L)
- Board shorts/quick dry shorts or leggings (something that you don't mind getting wet). A sarong can be handy to drape over your legs in the summer months, for sun protection
- Footwear that you don't mind getting wet - sandals, crocs, reef shoes or flip flops
- A warm layer on cool days
- If you have a Go Pro or underwater camera you are more than welcome to bring that along. We can provide dry bags if you would like to bring your phone or camera that isn't waterproof, however cannot be held liable for any loss or water damage
Is this tour family friendly?
Yes, it most suited to families with children aged 12+. The minimum age we take on this tour is 8 years old, however depending on their prior experience and activity level, younger children may find the day quite tiring, and the adult will be doing the majority of the work (i.e paddling a double kayak alone). Please contact us if you have any questions or would like to discuss this further with one of our guides.
I am a solo traveller and would like to book this tour. Do you take single bookings?
Yes we do! Solo travellers are most welcome on our tours. Please note that on most tours we use double kayaks, so you may end up paddling with another compatible participant, or the guide.
How many people will be on the tour?
We will run the tour with a minimum of 3 people, and usually have no more than 8 people. We can cater for larger groups and provide customised tours, please contact us for more info.
Do you take novice snorkelers?
Yes, novice snorkelers are welcome. Our guides will give you a quick lesson on fitting and using the equipment prior to snorkelling, and will be on hand to give you tips, offer assistance and point out marine life in the water. To fully enjoy this tour, we recommend practicing in a shallow water or pool environment prior to joining the tour. Please note, we discourage the use of full face snorkelling masks on our tours due to safety concerns.
I've never been sea kayaking before, can I book this tour?
Yes, this tour is suitable for novice to advanced sea kayakers. Our guides will help you with the skills and information you need to safely enjoy the tour, and be on the water with you at all times.
Do I need to be super fit to enjoy this tour?
An average level of fitness and mobility, and a sense of adventure, are all you need to have a blast. The tour does involve snorkelling from the kayaks (don't worry, getting back in is easier than you think - we'll show you how). Our sea kayaks have a weight limit of 110kg per person, due to the inherent limitations in size and design
What is this tour's Cancellation Policy?
This tour has a 72 hour cancellation policy. Cancellations made within 72 hours of tour departure will incur 100% of the tour cost. Cancellations made outside of 72 hours will receive a full refund, minus any booking fees already paid.
Any cancellation due to COVID-related government restrictions beyond the customer's control, received by EAC in writing within 24 hours of restrictions being announced, is eligible for a full refund, minus any booking fee paid.