Half Day Sea Kayak & Snorkel Tour
Join us for a half day sea kayak and snorkel Turtle Tour adventure in the wildlife-rich Bundegi Sanctuary Zone, in amazing Exmouth Gulf, amongst the northern stretches of World Heritage listed Ningaloo Reef. On our Turtle Tour, look for turtles in the shallows from your kayak; rays, baby reef sharks and birds including osprey are also commonly seen. Take the opportunity to snorkel from your kayak amongst the sheltered coral gardens and enjoy the colourful fish life.
ACTIVITIES INCLUDED IN THIS TOUR:
Sea kayaking in double sit-on-top kayaks | Snorkelling from your kayak
TOUR INCLUSIONS AT A GLANCE:
Pick up/drop off from Exmouth accommodation | Sun protection gear: long sleeve sun shirts, broad brim hats, polarised sunglasses | Snorkelling gear: Quality snorkel and mask, fins, wetsuits in cooler months | Kayaking safety equipment and qualified guide | Morning or afternoon tea | Photos
Bundegi Sanctuary Zone, amongst the northern section of Ningaloo Marine Park, Exmouth Gulf, Ningaloo Reef
Adult: $125 | Children (8-17): $110 | Family (2 Adults + 2 Children): $400* Additional children $94*
(*Direct bookings only. Please contact us for other family/group rates)
This tour will run with a minimum of 3 guests, and a maximum of 8. During busy periods we may run more than 1 group of 8 guests in the same location. We work on a strict safety ratio of 1 guide to 8 guests for our adventure tours
Our kayaks have a maximum weight limit of 110kg/person. Minimum age is 8 years old. This tour involves a moderate level of physical activity.
TOUR MEETING POINT:
Pick up from Exmouth accommodation starting 15 minutes prior to tour start time. Tour start time changes daily depending on the tide. Some days may not be available due to unsuitable tides. Please contact us for daily tour times. Tour departures are subject to weather conditions and minimum numbers.
Your Day Begins...
With pickup from your Exmouth accommodation, starting 15 minutes before the tour start time on the day. The tour start time varies each day to work around the high tide, which gives us the best wildlife viewing opportunities.
You will then take the short 15 minute drive to the tour departure point; along the way your guide will fill you in on some of the interesting local history and points of interest. Once you arrive at the kayak launch area, you will be kitted out with all the equipment you'll need, and your guide will give you a paddle and safety briefing.
It's then time to paddle along the coast in this wildlife hotspot, looking for turtles, rays, schools of fish, and baby reef sharks from your kayak. Kayaking is a super fun way to explore Ningaloo! Your guide will be with the group at all times, to point out wildlife, answer any questions, and lend a helping hand when needed.
Depending on the day, you may head out for a snorkel from your kayak shortly after launching; or you may kayak along the coast spotting wildlife and then take a short break on the beach to stretch the legs, and enjoy a snack before snorkelling. Either way, once you slide into the water to snorkel amongst the coral formations, you'll be amazed by the incredible marine life at our snorkel site.
Towards the end of the tour you will paddle back to the launch site, and after loading the kayaks back on the trailer, begin the return journey to your accommodation. Your guide will farewell you with some memories to last a lifetime, and a promise to have photos of your kayak and snorkel Turtle Tour adventure uploaded as soon as possible.
- A great introduction to kayaking and a unique, family-friendly way to explore the amazing waters of Ningaloo.
- Spot turtles, rays, schools of fish and more from your double sit-on-top sea kayak in the sheltered, shallow waters.
- Snorkel amongst the coral gardens and colourful reef fish from the 'Kayak Only' moorings in the sheltered waters of the Bundegi Sanctuary Zone. Snorkelling from your kayak is an experience you won't soon forget, and easier than you think (don't worry, we'll show you how!)
- Small group tours with a maximum of 8 guests
- Local, experienced guides
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE TOUR?
Your safety and enjoyment whilst participating in our Turtle Tour are a top priority for us here at Exmouth Adventure Co. We provide the following good quality, clean equipment for our customers to use on this tour:
- Double sit-on-top sea kayaks, PFDs (lifejackets)
- Snorkelling gear - snorkel, mask, fins, wetsuit in the cooler months (you are welcome to bring your own gear if you have it)
- Long-sleeve sun shirts and broad brim hats, polarised sunglasses
- Dry bags for valuables
- Snacks to re-energise (morning or afternoon tea)
- Pick up and drop off from your Exmouth town accommodation (or you can meet us on the corner Murat Rd and Yardie Creek Road)
- Complementary tour photos taken by your guide
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
Please bring the things that you would normally take on a trip to the beach, and come dressed with your bathers under your clothes. We have limited storage in the sit-on-top kayaks, so we only take the essentials out in the kayaks with us. You'll need to bring:
- Board shorts/quick dry shorts or leggings (something that you don't mind getting wet). A sarong can be handy to drape over your legs in the summer months, for sun protection
- A bottle of water to drink (in summer at least 1 litre), and sunscreen (please consider using reef-safe sun protection products)
- Footwear that you don't mind getting wet - sandals, crocs, reef shoes or flip flops
- If you have a Go Pro or underwater camera you are more than welcome to bring that along. We can provide dry bags if you would like to bring your phone or camera that isn't waterproof, however cannot be held liable for any loss or water damage.
Is this tour family friendly?
Yes, this is our recommended tour for families to enjoy together. The minimum age we take on the kayaks is 8 years old, there is no maximum age!
I am a solo traveller and would like to book this tour. Do you take single bookings?
Yes we do! Solo travellers are most welcome on our tours. Please note that on most tours we use double kayaks, so you may end up paddling with another participant, or the guide.
How many people will be on the tour?
We will run the tour with a minimum of 3 people, and usually have no more than 8 people. We can cater for larger groups and provide customised tours, please contact us for more info.
Do you take novice snorkellers?
Yes, novice snorkelers are welcome. Our guides will give you a quick lesson on fitting and using the equipment prior to snorkelling, and will be on hand to give you tips, offer assistance and point out marine life in the water. To fully enjoy this tour, we recommend practicing in a shallow water or pool environment prior to joining the tour. Please note, we discourage the use of full face snorkelling masks on our tours due to safety concerns.
I've never been sea kayaking before, can I book this tour?
Yes, this tour is suitable for novice to experienced sea kayakers. Our guides will give you the skills and information you need to safely enjoy the tour, and be on the water with you at all times.
Do I need to be super fit to enjoy this tour?
No, an average level of fitness and mobility, and a sense of adventure, are all you need to have a blast. The tour does involve snorkelling from the kayaks (don't worry, getting back in is easier than you think - we'll show you how). The kayaks have a weight limit of 110kg per person
What is this tour's Cancellation Policy?
This tour has a 72 hour cancellation policy. Cancellations made within 72 hours of tour departure will incur 100% of the tour cost. Cancellations made outside of 72 hours will receive a full refund, minus any booking fees already paid.
Any cancellation due to COVID-related government restrictions beyond the customer's control, received by EAC in writing within 24 hours of restrictions being announced, is eligible for a full refund, minus any booking fee paid.