REEF & BEACH
3 Day Sea Kayak | Snorkel | Beach Camp Tour
The 3-Day Reef and Beach tour is a real adventure! You will sea kayak in the sheltered, turquoise lagoons of Ningaloo Reef, snorkel numerous amazing sites, and in the afternoon land your kayak at your very own deserted, wilderness beach camp. Watch the sun set, and sleep under the stars in Cape Range National Park. Dusk and dawn are our favourite times to experience the Ningaloo coastline, so why not come and share the magic? Turtles, rays, dugong (May to August), dolphins, reef sharks, myriad reef fish and an abundance of marine life make Ningaloo a brilliant place to kayak and snorkel. On land we also regularly see wallabies, emu, echidna and birds of prey. Three days exploring Ningaloo in a self-sufficient kayak equals a sensational experience!
ACTIVITIES INCLUDED IN THIS TOUR
Sea kayaking in double 'expedition-style' sit inside sea kayaks | Snorkelling | Wilderness beach camping
3 days/2 nights. The tour starts with pick up from your Exmouth accommodation just before 8am on Day 1, and concludes with drop off at your Exmouth accommodation around 4pm on Day 3.
Please note that you will be required to attend a pre-trip meeting/gear fit out on the afternoon before tour departure at 4pm.
TOUR INCLUSIONS AT A GLANCE
Transport, national park entry and camping fees | Sun protection gear: long sleeve sun shirts (rashies), broad brim hats | Snorkelling gear: Quality snorkel and mask, fins, wetsuits in cooler months | Kayaking safety equipment and qualified guide | All food and non-alcoholic drinks (BYO alcohol) | All camping gear | Dry bags | Photos taken by your guide
Late March to early October
Cape Range National Park and Ningaloo Marine Park. On this tour, we usually paddle between Osprey Bay in the south and Ned's Camp in the north over the course of 3 days, snorkelling numerous sites along the way
Adult $1150 | Children (12-17) $1035 | Family (2 adults and 2 children) $3715* | Extra child (on top of family price) $880*
* Direct bookings only (family rates are not available for agent bookings). Please contact us for other family/group pricing
All pricing is on a twin share basis. For those wishing to have a private 'solo' tent, a $50 single supplement applies
A 30% despot is required on booking, with balance payable 30 days prior to departure
This tour will run with a minimum of 4 people and we usually limit the tour to a maximum of 8 participants, however some departures may have up to 12 participants, plus guides and volunteers
Our kayaks have a maximum weight limit of 110kg/person. Minimum age for this tour is 12 years old. This tour involves a moderate level of physical activity, lifting of equipment, and walking on uneven ground and soft sand. Participants must be capable of lifting at least 15 kg. Tour departures are subject to weather conditions and minimum numbers
TOUR MEETING POINT
Pick up from Exmouth accommodation starting at 7.45am, or meet at our base at 24 Pelias St at 7.30am. Free on-street parking is available at our base, or secure parking is available inside our fenced yard for $10/day
Please get in touch to make a booking, enquire about last-minute availability, custom dates or private tours.
- Travel this stunning coastline in your self-sufficient sea kayak - an amazing and unique way to immerse yourself in the turquoise waters, white sandy beaches, and ancient landscape of this UNESCO world heritage listed area, and get back to nature
- Snorkel different sites daily. You'll be amazed at the diversity and abundance of marine life that Ningaloo supports! We visit the traditional shore-based sites such as Turquoise Bay, Oyster Stacks and Lakeside, as well as other sites you won't find on the map. You'll enjoy taking the opportunity to snorkel from the kayaks where possible - the 'offshore' snorkel sites are next-level amazing!
- Camp at different, undeveloped beach camp sites in your very own 'million-star hotel' each night: enjoy the peaceful lapping of the waves, spectacular west coast sunsets and clear night skies, perfect for star gazing
SEA KAYAKING & SNORKELLING
The sea kayaking takes place inside the fringing reef, where the lagoon is rarely more than 3m deep - perfect for spotting wildlife and snorkelling. After your guide gives you the all-important paddling instruction and safety talk, we launch the kayaks and travel along the coast at a relaxed pace, stopping on secluded beaches for morning tea and lunch as we go. We usually paddle the coastline from Osprey Bay and head north with the prevailing winds, usually finishing at Ned’s Camp or Mangrove Bay.
Each day provides fantastic snorkelling opportunities. At some sites we land the kayaks on the beach and swim a short distance from shore, at other sites we anchor or moor the kayaks and slip over the side. We have discovered some excellent ‘un-named’ snorkel spots that are accessible only by kayak.
WILDERNESS BEACH CAMPING
These 3 day tours are perfect for the person looking to get away from it all and immerse themselves in the beauty of Ningaloo. Each afternoon we pull up our kayaks at a different deserted beach, and, in between stories of the day, set up our camp for the night. After setting up camp, you may choose to go for a relaxing stroll along the beach, read a few pages of a good book, grab some snacks and a drink and settle in for a west coast sunset, or just relax and reflect on the beauty of your surroundings.
We endeavor to make your camping experience as comfortable as possible, with self-inflating mattresses, tents, sleeping bags and liners, camp chairs, we even provide inflatable pillows! This tour is the perfect choice for those looking for an adventure and to immerse themselves in the wonders of Ningaloo Reef and Cape Range National Park.
- Double sit-inside expedition sea kayaks with rudder for comfortable cruising
- PFDs (life jackets)
- Long sleeve sun shirts, broad-brim hats,
- Snorkelling gear: snorkel, mask and fins, wetsuit in season
- Gloves (fingerless paddling gloves, great for sun protection and blister prevention)
- Dry bags for packing clothing, sleeping gear etc
- Comfortable camping gear: tents, pillows, sleeping bags and liners, camp chairs, shade shelter
- Healthy and delicious food, drinks (alcohol not included, byo welcome)
- Transport to and from Cape Range National Park in our air-conditioned bus
- National Park entry and camping fees
- Qualified and experienced guide
- Complementary tour photos
- Drinking water bottle (capacity for at least 1L)
- Sunglasses (polarised are great for seeing under the water)
- Sunscreen, zinc or SPF lip balm. Please consider using reef-safe sun protection products
- Camera (+ spare batteries/power bank)
- Towel or sarong. A lightweight sarong can be great for draping over legs for extra sun protection
- Footwear that may get wet (crocs, sandals etc)
- Head torch (+ spare batteries)
- Drinks for sunset happy hour
- Camp clothes - these will be packed into dry bags to be stored in your kayak's waterproof hatch. It's best to pack clothing that you can layer. We recommend 1 set each of shorts and t-shirt, warm long pants and a jumper/hoodie. From May onwards you will need to pack warm clothes/layers for cool, clear nights: thermal layers, beanie, puffer jacket, our guides even bring their compact 'camping ugg boots' during winter!
- Toiletries - these will be minimal as we don't have fresh water available for showering. We recommend bringing a flannel that you can use with a little fresh water to get the salt and sunscreen off at the end of the day, or if you must use wet wipes, try to source biodegradable, non-plastic alternatives
- You can bring fishing gear too, however this is not a focus of our tours (please use lures rather than bait). Our camps are situated within Sanctuary Zones, where no fishing is allowed
I'd like to bring the whole family. Is this tour suitable for kids?
Minimum age for our multi-day tours is 12 years old. We have had younger children join our 3 day tour in the past, however once fully loaded, our large expedition kayaks can be heavy. A private tour or a custom 3 day base-camping tour may be an option for family groups. Please get in touch for more info.
I'm not a strong swimmer, and have never snorkelled before. Am I able to join this tour?
All levels of swimming ability are welcome. All of our guests wear PFDs (lifejackets) whilst kayaking and are welcome to wear them whilst snorkelling if needed. Our guides will run through the basics of snorkelling and are great teachers! However in order to fully enjoy this tour, and not impede the enjoyment of other guests, we recommend at least a basic level of snorkelling and swimming competence.
How many people will be on this tour?
We need a minimum of 4 people to confirm tour departure, and take a maximum of 8 guests. Private tours or custom group tours are available, please contact us for details.
How far will we kayak each day? Do I need to be an experienced sea kayaker?
We usually paddle anywhere between 7 and 10 kms over the day, depending on how the group is travelling and prevailing weather conditions. The daily itinerary is designed so that we travel with the prevailing breeze. We aim to provide the opportunity for 2 snorkels at different locations throughout the day. This, along with stops on the beach for morning tea and lunch, means that the paddling is broken up into manageable sections, with usually no more than 1 hour spent in the kayak at any one time. No previous sea kayaking experience is necessary, however you will need to have at least an average level of fitness and mobility to enjoy this tour. Our guides will give you the skills and info you need to safely paddle your sea kayak, as well as handy hints and tips along the way.
What style of camping will I experience?
This tour is ‘expedition camp’ style, meaning we carry all of our gear with us in the kayaks, and set up camp at a different location each day. We provide all the gear to make you as comfortable as possible: quality tents, self-inflating mattresses (Thermarest-style), sleeping bags and liners, inflatable pillows, camp chairs. The campsites we use are un-developed with little to no established facilities, therefore bush toileting may be required. Access to fresh water for washing is limited as we carry all our fresh water in the kayaks.
I'm vegetarian/gluten free/have allergies. Can you cater for this?
Yes, as long as we have ample notice, it is no problem catering for specific dietary requirements, intolerances and allergies.
How can people contact me while I'm on the tour?
There is limited mobile phone reception in the tour area, we carry a satellite phone for emergencies. This is usually reserved for outgoing calls only (to preserve battery life). If you need to be contacted urgently, our office can be contacted on 0477 685 123, and if necessary, someone will drive out to deliver a message.
Can I recharge my devices whilst on this tour?
No, we are completely off-grid on this tour. We recommend bringing spare batteries for camera and Go Pros, and switching your phone to 'flight mode' to save battery. If you have a small power bank or solar charging device, these can be handy to bring along.
What is this tour's Cancellation Policy?
All tour cancellation or amendment requests must be received in writing. This tour has a 30 day cancellation policy. If you cancel your tour within 30 days of tour departure, the full amount of the tour will be charged, no refunds are given. If you cancel 30 days or more prior to tour departure, you will receive a full refund, minus any non-refundable booking fees or credit card processing fees. We advise you to take out travel insurance to cover the cost of the tour in the case of emergencies, travel delays or unforeseen changes. In the event of the tour being aborted once underway for unforeseen reasons, a possible partial refund will be considered upon application for full paying customers.
COVID Cancellation Policy
If you cancel due to COVID-related government restrictions beyond your control, more than 14 days prior to the tour departure, you will receive a full refund, minus any non-refundable booking fees or credit card processing fees. If you cancel within 14 days of tour departure, due to COVID-related government restrictions beyond your control, we offer a 70% refund, and 30% (or equal to tour deposit) will be issued as a voucher to re-book, with a 3-year validity. It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that they meet all government mandates and requirements for entry into and travel within Western Australia. If you cancel within 14 days of tour departure due not meeting government requirements for entry into or travel within Western Australia (for example not having a valid G2G pass), no refunds will be given.
View our full Terms & Conditions here