Half Day Sea Kayak & Snorkel Tour
Join us for a half day sea kayak and snorkel Turtle Tour adventure in the wildlife-rich Bundegi Sanctuary Zone, in amazing Exmouth Gulf, amongst the northern stretches of World Heritage listed Ningaloo Reef. On our Turtle Tour, look for turtles in the shallows from your kayak; rays, baby reef sharks and birds including osprey are also commonly seen. Take the opportunity to snorkel from your kayak amongst the sheltered coral gardens and enjoy the colourful fish life.
CHILD (8-17 years): $108
FAMILY (2 adults + 2 children): $388*
(*Direct bookings only. Please contact us for other family/group rates)
DURATION: 3.5 Hours
AVAILABLE YEAR ROUND, INCLUDING SUMMER MONTHS
Tour start time changes daily depending on the tide. Some days may not be available due to unsuitable tides. Please contact us for daily tour times. Tour departures are subject to weather conditions and minimum numbers.
- A great introduction to kayaking and a unique, family-friendly way to explore the amazing waters of Ningaloo.
- Spot turtles, rays, schools of fish and more from your double sit-on-top sea kayak in the sheltered, shallow waters.
- Snorkel amongst the coral gardens and colourful reef fish from the 'Kayak Only' moorings in the sheltered waters of the Bundegi Sanctuary Zone. Snorkelling from your kayak is an experience you won't soon forget, and easier than you think (don't worry, we'll show you how!)
- Small group tours with a maximum of 8 guests
- Local, experienced guides
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE TOUR?
Your safety and enjoyment whilst participating in our Turtle Tour are a top priority for us here at Exmouth Adventure Co. We provide the following good quality, clean equipment for our customers to use on this tour:
- Double sit-on-top sea kayaks, PFDs (lifejackets)
- Snorkelling gear - snorkel, mask, fins, wetsuit in the cooler months (you are welcome to bring your own gear if you have it)
- Long-sleeve sun shirts and broad brim hats, polarised sunglasses
- Dry bags for valuables
- Snacks to re-energise (morning or afternoon tea)
- Pick up and drop off from your Exmouth town accommodation (or you can meet us on the corner Murat Rd and Yardie Creek Road)
- Complimentary tour photos taken by your guide
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
Please bring the things that you would normally take on a trip to the beach, and come dressed with your bathers under your clothes. We have limited storage in the sit-on-top kayaks, so we only take the essentials out in the kayaks with us. You'll need to bring:
- Board shorts/quick dry shorts or leggings (something that you don't mind getting wet). A sarong can be handy to drape over your legs in the summer months, for sun protection
- A bottle of water to drink (in summer at least 1 litre), and sunscreen (please consider using reef-safe sun protection products)
- If you have a Go Pro or underwater camera you are more than welcome to bring that along. We can provide dry bags if you would like to bring your phone or camera that isn't waterproof, however cannot be held liable for any loss or water damage.
Is this tour family friendly?
Yes, this is our recommended tour for families to enjoy together. The minimum age we take on the kayaks is 8 years old, there is no maximum age!
I am a solo traveller and would like to book this tour. Do you take single bookings?
Yes we do! Solo travellers are most welcome on our tours. Please note that on most tours we use double kayaks, so you may end up paddling with another participant, or the guide.
How many people will be on the tour?
We will run the tour with a minimum of 3 people, and usually have no more than 8 people. We can cater for larger groups and provide customised tours, please contact us for more info.
Do you take non-swimmers?
Yes, non-swimmers are welcome. All of our guests wear PFDs (life jackets) whilst kayaking, and you are welcome to wear them whilst snorkelling if needed.
I've never been sea kayaking before, can I book this tour?
Yes, this tour is suitable for novice to advanced sea kayakers. Our guides will give you the skills and information you need to safely enjoy the tour, and be on the water with you at all times.
Do I need to be super fit to enjoy this tour?
No, an average level of fitness, and a sense of adventure are all you need to have a blast. The tour does involve snorkelling from the kayaks (don't worry, getting back in is easier than you think - we'll show you how). The kayaks have a weight limit of 110kg per person.
Monday to Sunday
8.30am - 4.30pm
After hours enquiries are
welcome, please leave us
a message and we will
get back to you as soon